Fix Black Desktop Background In Windows – Most individuals would start using Windows with the default settings after installing it. Some people, on the other hand, are tech-savvy and confident enough to optimize their computer by making changes on their own. For greater performance, some people might add extra CPU or RAM. Other tech-savvy PC users would install extra applications or tools to meet their specific requirements.
However, some issues with the operating system may arise throughout the procedure. The black screen in Windows is one of the troubles you could run into. Despite the fact that you haven’t done anything to change the wallpaper, a black desktop backdrop appears.
Causes of the Black Desktop Background Problem:
The black desktop background is frequently caused by third-party wallpaper setting programmes that you install on your Windows PC. As a result, the biggest source of a black backdrop when you change your wallpaper is the third-party programmes you’ve installed to customize your desktop or UI. Another explanation for the dark desktop backdrop is because the ease of access settings were accidentally changed.
Fix Black Desktop Background In Windows 10:
There are a few options for resolving the black desktop background in Windows 10. You can use the methods listed below.
1. Disable Desktop icons:
- Make absolutely sure the Desktop is visible and then right-click on an empty spot.
- Cooperative and collaborative Show Desktop Icons in the View box, and all of your desktop icons will vanish.
- Once more, click on the empty spot on your Desktop.
- From the menu, select Personalize. Select several themes with numerous backgrounds if you’re currently using a theme with a single wallpaper. For example, go to Microsoft’s Line and Colors theme and then revert to the default theme.
- Close the window for Customization.
- Your screen should turn dark and no wallpaper should be visible on the screen.
- To finally resolve this issue, you must re-enable your Desktop icons and then deactivate them.
2. Update drivers:
It is important to have the correct drivers loaded on your computer in order for it to run smoothly. Follow these procedures to do a manual update. Select Device Manager from the Start menu, then Display Adapter from the Device Manager menu. Select Update Driver from the context menu of the listed display driver.
Finally, select Search Automatically for Driver to have Windows look for and install the latest recent driver automatically. There is, of course, a workaround, which is known as automatic driver updating. This basically guarantees that the right driver patch is obtained and installed without any problems.
DriverFix is a programme that can cure a variety of problems caused by driver update failures. It is capable of resolving practically all sound and network difficulties. The driver has a fast scanning speed, and if you would like to save even more time, you can use the auto-update feature to acquire the newest updates without having to do anything.
3. Performing a System Restore:
System Restore is a procedure for restoring a computer’s operating system to its original state If the black desktop background emerged following a Windows update, you’ll need to restore your system to its previous settings. Follow the instructions below to get started:
- Your computer should be restarted.
- Press and hold the F8 key while the machine is booting up. You should now be able to boot into Safe Mode.
- Type “restore” (without the quotations) into the search box and press Enter.
- From the list of options, choose System Restore.
- When you’re prompted, enter any administrator passwords.
- Select a restore point by following the Wizard’s instructions. You should be able to restore the system to its previous state before the problem occurs.
Change your desktop background:
If an application is the source of your wallpaper issue, I’ve heard that removing it and switching back to static graphics will help. Instead of using the same image on every screen as previously, try using a slideshow! If this fixes the problem, go back to ordinary photographs after a time instead of having them all established as slideshows because who knows what occurred when we were trying out new things before our last update?
It could also be useful sending fresh photos each time so there’s no risk of what went wrong with ruining everything prior.
You can change your theme in Windows 10 by going to Personalization>Background in the Settings app.