Find My Friends is a fantastic location tracking programme without a doubt. It allows users to follow their friends’ and family members’ whereabouts using a number of gadgets. It might be aggravating when Find My Friends claims the location is unavailable. But don’t worry; we’re here to help you resolve the problem. After reading this tutorial, you’ll know what to do to solve the problem.
The following are some of the reasons why Find My Friends isn’t available:
Let’s look at the causes of the problem before moving on to the solutions. When the location is not discovered on Find My Friends, it is clear that there is a problem. The following are some of the probable causes of this error:
- The date on your friend’s smartphone is incorrect.
- The other device is either not connected to the internet or is turned off.
- Hide On your friend’s iPhone, the My Location function is turned on.
- On the friend’s smartphone, Location Services are likewise off.
- Your buddy hasn’t joined up for the service yet.
- Your friend’s location is in a nation or area where Apple does not offer this service.
- There’s a problem with your iPhone.
- All of these factors might be producing problems on your iPhone.
As a result, you’ll have to resort to some tried-and-true approaches to resolve the unavailable location problem.
Solutions for Location Not Available:
1. Check to see if Find My Friends is available in your region/country:
- When the iPhone’s Find My Friends location is unavailable, the first thing you should do is verify the region/location.
- Country’s Due to local regulations and technological challenges, Apple Inc.
- Has yet to implement the Find My Friends function in all countries and regions.
- So, the most likely reason that the software isn’t operating properly is because it isn’t accessible in that nation or area.
2. Disable GPS or Location Services and re-enable it:
- Enable GPS & Location Services after confirming that the functionality is accessible in your area.
- If you’ve previously activated the function, disable it, exit the app, and then enable it again. It could help you with the location not found problem you’ve been having with Find My Friends.
- To switch the function on or off, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and toggle the bar.
3. Correct iPhone Date and Time:
As we said in the various causes, inaccurate dates and times can also cause this issue. If you manually adjust the date and time, go to Basic Settings and change the setting to “Set Automatic.” Hopefully, this will fix the problem of not being able to locate Find My Friends.
4. Check Your Internet Connection:
- Before you assume there’s a problem with the Find My Friends application, verify your net connection.
- Because your smartphone doesn’t have any internet connectivity, it is possible that the location will not be available.
- Try turning on and off Cellular Data/Wi-Fi under Settings > Mobile Data/Wi-Fi.
- Along with that, whether you’re using cellular data or a Wi-Fi network, be sure you have good signal strength.
5. Enable Share My Location:
If your friend’s location is unavailable, check sure you’ve activated the Share My Location option. Follow the procedures outlined below to do this:
- Navigate to iCloud Settings in the “Settings” app. You’ll notice the “Share My Location” function after clicking on the “Location Services” option.
- Toggle the option on to make it active. Once you enable the function, your friends will be able to see your location, and you’ll be able to see each other’s.
6. Restart your iPhone:
If Find My Buddies tells you that your location isn’t accessible, the next step is to restart your iPhone. The approach is standard for most phones. However, the processes for iPhone X and 11 are subtly different. Press and hold the Power button until the slider shows on other new iphones. To get the slider to display on the display on the iPhone X and 11, press and hold both the Volume and Power buttons at the same time.
Wait for the gadget to shut down by dragging the Power slider to the right. Wait a moment before restarting the device, and the function should start operating normally again.
7. Close the Find My Friends app and reopen it:
When Find Friends’ location is unavailable, the last but not least useful suggestion is to exit the programme. It’s possible that you’ve encountered the issue as a result of a temporary issue or a random bug. Before reopening the programme, be sure the cache memory has been cleared. It has the potential to completely resolve the issue.
8. New Updates Are Available
Even if you use the six techniques to cure iPhone location not accessible, you need keep a watch on the latest iOS version. If the issue is widespread, a new minor iOS update is likely. The problem may be resolved with the latest update.
Hopefully, you now have a few options for resolving the Find Friends location not accessible issue. We learned all of these strategies in this tutorial to make it simple for iPhone users to resolve troubles with the Find Friends app. Check out all of the suggestions and put them into practise anytime you have a problem like this.