- 1 How to Change the YouTube Channel name using your desktop or Laptop
- 2 How to Change the YouTube Channel name through your Mobile Phone
- 3 Related
YouTube is a popular video-sharing platform with various features that appeal to users. First and foremost, YouTube allows users to search for and watch videos on multiple topics. In addition, users can create their own personal YouTube channel, where they can upload videos for others to watch. These features make YouTube a popular destination for online video viewers. YouTube also allows a user to create channels and upload videos. If you’re looking for how to change YouTube channel name or channel name, this article will help you.
Title Changing Feature of YouTube
The YouTube website lets the channel creators change the title even after the Channel is floated. The name-changing feature does not affect the Channel with any of its content. Not only this, but the Google account also stays unaffected. There are specific steps for how to change YouTube channel name. The creator of the channels can change the title and the icon of the Channel both. The changing notifications and updates are limited to YouTube only. The Google account does not reflect any such change.
Previously YouTube users who had channels faced the problem of keeping the same title. This limitation has been sorted at present. You can now use different names for your Google account and YouTube channel. This article tells you about the steps for how to change YouTube channel name.
How to Change the YouTube Channel name using your desktop or Laptop
Are you thinking about how to change YouTube channel name? Following are the steps which you have to follow.
- First and foremost, you have to sign into your YouTube account. Then go to your channel page. Click the profile photo you have in the top right corner of your screen. You will see a drop-down menu; select the “Your Channel” option.
- The second step is about customizing your YouTube Channel in YouTube Studio. After clicking the option “Your Channel,” you will be directed to the channel page. From there, click the button customize Channel. Clicking this button will dirt you to the dashboard of your Channel.
- If you’re not happy with your YouTube channel name in how to change YouTube channel name or if you want to change it to better reflect the type of content you post, you can do so relatively quickly. Open YouTube Studio and select “Basic info” from the top navigation menu. Then, click on the pencil icon next to your channel name. This will bring up a field where you can enter a new channel name. Just type in the name you want.
- After this, click the “Publish” button to save your changed name.
That’s all there is to it! With just a few clicks, this is how to change YouTube channel name easily. You can now let your Channel reflect your brand or personality in a better way.
How to Change the YouTube Channel name through your Mobile Phone
You can also change the YouTube channel title using your phone, like a desktop or laptop. Following are the steps for how to change YouTube channel name.
- First, you have to log in to your YouTube page. To find your channel page, open the YouTube mobile app and tap the profile picture in the top right corner. The URL would be listed as “Your Account” with a hyperlink saying “Click this.”
- Edit your channel name by clicking the pencil icon. Then type a new name for your Channel. You will get a confirmation message when you’re done editing. Be sure to confirm that it’s correct before saving!
- Click the checkmark icon in the top right corner to save your new channel name.
With these simple steps, you would know how to change YouTube channel name.
Some Important Facts for the YouTube Channels with Verification
The channel holders on YouTube always focus on how to change YouTube channel name. But changing the title comes with a condition. For verified YouTube channels, changing the name of the Channel will result in losing the verification checkmark. YouTube is likely doing this to prevent channels from impersonating other channels.
For example, publishing a fake news report would be easy if a channel could change its name to “CNN” and maintain its verified checkmark. However, creators can change their Channel’s name and get their checkmark back by reapplying for it. That process may take a while, so creators should consider the drawbacks before going ahead with a name change.
Read More: How to make a smoker in Minecraft?
Changing the URL of a YouTube Channel
How to change YouTube channel name: YouTube gives users a lot of control over their channels, including the ability to change the Channel’s name. However, it’s important to note that changing the Channel’s name does not change the URL. To change the URL, creators must follow a separate set of steps. YouTube lets users set a “custom” URL for their Channel. It’s custom because YouTube will allow creators to choose from recommended URLs. Changing the URL is separate from changing the Channel’s name, but it’s relatively simple. And once it’s done, you can be sure that your Channel’s new name will be reflected in the URL.
Therefore along with how to change YouTube channel name, you will also have to know how to change the URL.
Steps for Changing the YouTube Channel URL
YouTube has made it easier for channels to change their URL. Now, just like how to change YouTube channel name, you can update your channel URL also. You can do this each year up to three times per month with a custom domain name of your choice! YouTube used to be strict about how often you could change your URL, but now they let users do it. All you need is an email address and password from before!
- Signing into YouTube Studio allows you to set a custom URL for your Channel.
- To do so, select Customization from the left navigation menu.
- Then go down until reaching Basic info where it says “Set Channel URL.”
- Select “Set a Custom URL,” and It will pop up with the suggested fully-customized URLs based on your account information.
- Click “Next” until you get this choice: “Save As Suggested.”
YouTube nowadays has become an inevitable part of anyone’s life. The videos uploaded here teach us much information. But for all the channel holders, maintaining the YouTube channel is very important. Proper maintenance helps you to operate it smoothly. This article will guide you on how to change YouTube name. Follow the steps and be cautious of any fraudulent activities.