As a personal information manager, Microsoft Outlook is preferred mainly as an email client. It is available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite and is a highly functional software system from Microsoft. Outlook offers the features such as contact managing, calendaring, task managing, note taking, web browsing and journal logging. It helps keep you organized and stay up-to-date. Hence knowing how to share calendar in Outlook can be truly helpful.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the best email platforms available. Outlook comes with powerful, varied features which help you gain complete control of your emails. Apart from emails, another great feature of Outlook is the calendar. The calendar is the scheduling and calendar updating component in Outlook, fully integrated with the contacts, emails and other features. The Outlook Calendar is like writing down a notebook where you can click a time slot and start noting.
Learning how to share calendar in Outlook involves straightforward steps. But mastering sharing the calendar will help you immensely as you can easily track your events and appointments, manage and organize meetings and many more. You must click on a time slot and type to create your appointments or events on the Outlook Calendar.
Let us discuss using the Outlook calendar and how to share calendar in Outlook on varied platforms. All you need to do is carefully follow these steps to quickly share a calendar on your suitable platforms of Microsoft Outlook.
Knowing how to share calendar in Outlook is immensely helpful when working in a large team in the office. The ones who are aware of the office environment or are used to working enlarge teams know that collaboration is the key. Hence, sharing the calendar in Outlook helps coordinate amongst the team co-workers and keeps everyone well-informed of all the lined-up events, meetings and appointments.
So, creating a calendar and sharing it can be advantageous. Following and creating a schedule will keep you on track and be aware of the other person’s events and appointments on specific days and times. For this, knowing how to share calendar in Outlook will help unleash optimum coordination amongst the co-workers.
You can use the sharing feature of Outlook. Sharing the calendar will keep track of the team’s schedules and tasks, keeping all organized. While you are sharing the calendar in Outlook, you will come across the options from where you will have to choose the degree of access you want to give the other person. For instance, you can provide your boss access to edit the calendar while only allowing your co-workers to view the calendar. Thus, it is essential to know how to share calendar in Outlook to enjoy the best coordination.
Over the years, Microsoft has introduced various versions of Windows. So, there are naturally different forms of Outlook, with each having other access techniques. But all the Outlook versions work the same but feature different visual layouts. Let us see how to share calendar in Outlook on the 2019 desktop version of Windows.
- Open Outlook and sign in to your account on the desktop.
- Next, below, you will see a calendar icon. You will be led to the calendar section of Microsoft Outlook by clicking on it.
- Add the changes you want to make to your calendar.
- Then, after making the necessary changes, go to Home, which you will find in the taskbar. Now, head to the Share option, where you can choose the mode of sharing your calendar. For instance, if you want to share your calendar via Email, you can select the option by clicking on Email Calendar.
- Next, click on the Data Range and choose the dates you want to share with the recipient.
- Click on the Detail tab, which will allow you to specify how much of the calendar you want to share with your recipient. The options like Availability only, Limited and Full Details will be available to you from where you can choose.
- After selecting the required options, click on OK. It will save your personalized calendar to a .ics file on your desktop.
- Now, the calendar will get attached to the Compose of your Email. You can then type a message, put your recipient’s name in the To textbox, and hit Send.
Thus, following these steps, you can easily share your calendar via Email. For the Outlook Office 2021 version, you will have to right-click on your desired calendar and instead click on the share menu.
You can use the Outlook Web App on Windows, macOS, tablets, Linux and mobile. However, it might differ from the desktop version of Outlook. To share a calendar using the Outlook Web version, type outlook.live.com on your modern web browser and log in to your account.
- Click on the Calendar icon on the left side.
- Personalize the calendar, making the required changes.
- Now, go to the Share option on the upper right side of the screen.
- Enter the name or the Email of your recipient in the textbox.
- Next, choose the permissions of the recipient from the first box beside the Email of the recipient.
- Then click on the Share option.
Thus, now, you can easily share the calendar via the Outlook Web App from any platform, provided you have a modern web browser. It also sports the feature of adding and giving varied permission to the list of recipients you want to share the calendar all at once.
Read More: How to make a smoker in Minecraft?
The mobile app version of Outlook does not provide much-sharing flexibility compared to the above platforms.
- Open Outlook and click on the calendar icon below the right corner.
- Click on the blue plus icon, allowing you to create an event on the calendar.
- Next, type the title of the event.
- Now, enter the email id of the recipient in the People textbox.
- Select the parameters like Date, Time etc.
- Then, click on the tick icon on the top right to save your changes.
So, sharing the calendar is also quite simple on the mobile app of Outlook, though there are limited features.
To conclude, these are the ways you can easily share the calendar and boost coordination amongst your colleagues in the workplace. Microsoft Outlook offers the best features, helping you create extensively personalized calendars facilitated with other elements to make keeping track of tasks more manageable.