Any gadgets, like Laptops or computers, come with the feature of taking screenshots. This feature is considered one of the most valuable features in any device or appliance. If you need to explain something to anyone from your Laptop, step-by-step screenshots will help you the most.
With screenshots, it would be easy for you to provide others with any reference from your screen. The methods of taking, saving, and sharing screenshots differ in different systems. Therefore, if you are using an HP laptop, you have to know how to take a screenshot on HP laptop. It is necessary to see as you might have to take a quick screenshot while in a meeting or similar. Knowing this shortcut will help you in the long run.
How can you take a Screenshot on your Device?
If you need to take a screenshot on your Laptop, there are different ways of doing it. The most common method is to press the print screen or “PrtScn” button on your keyboard. But sometimes, the “PrtScn” is clubbed with the function keys.
In that case, press “Fn + PrtScn.” Your Laptop will take a picture of the whole screen and copy it to your clipboard. You can then paste the Screenshot into an image editing program like Paint or Photoshop by pressing “Ctrl + V.” This is how to screenshot on HP laptop.
The rule is slightly different if you use a Mac Operating System device. Here you have to press “Fn + Shift + Option + 3” instead. After that, copy the image with “Ctrl + V.” The print screen button will take a snapshot of your entire screen. But if you need to take shots of a specific area of your screen, you have to use the snipping tool.
Steps of taking Screenshot in an HP Laptop
HP has many models for its laptops. Irrespective of any HP laptop model, taking a screenshot follows the same steps. It is a pretty quick and easy way out. In most laptops of HP, the print screen button is placed right next to the delete button. HP laptops address this button with abbreviations “Prt SC” or “PrtScn.”
The following steps are for how to take a screenshot on HP laptop. These steps will capture the entire screen of your Laptop as Screenshot.
- Press the Windows button and Print screen key together at the same time.
- This will capture the Screenshot of the entire screen.
- Open any image editing program or Paint.
- Press the keys Ctrl + V to paste the Screenshot.
- Lastly, you have to save the file with PNG or JPG extensions.
In many cases, you might need to capture a particular portion of your screen as Screenshot. In this case, the following steps are How to Take a Screenshot on HP Laptop.
- Press the Windows button, the Shift key, and the S key together.
- After this, your Laptop’s screen will fade, and a white overlay will appear. The cursor of your screen will transform to a crosshair cursor.
- Then you have to select the area on your laptop screen where you want the Screenshot.
- Next, you must open any image editing program or Paint to paste the Screenshot.
- Press the keys Ctrl + V to paste the captured Screenshot.
- Save the screenshot file with the extensions PNG or JPG. This is how to take a screenshot on HP laptop.
What is the way of taking Screenshot in Other Laptops?
Laptops with Windows 10 as Operating System
If you are using a laptop with Windows 10 as Operating System, you can take screenshots in two ways. The steps of how to take a screenshot on HP laptop with Windows 10 are as follows:
- Press and hold the Windows Key.
- Then press the print screen or PrtSc key on your Laptop.
- After that, the net will dim for some time.
- This way, the Screenshot you captured will be stored in the screenshot file of your system.
- Press and hold the Windows Key.
- Press the button W.
- A sidebar menu on the right side of your laptop screen will appear.
- Select the option Screen Sketch from the menu.
- Here you can go for any editing on your Screenshot.
- Click on save to save the image file. This is how to screenshot on an HP laptop with windows 10.
Laptops without Windows 10 as Operating System
Taking a screenshot on a laptop with a Windows operating system is quick and easy. There are two ways to do it: by using the built-in screenshot tools or the Print Screen button. To take a screenshot using the screenshot tool, open the screenshot tool and select the area of the screen you want to capture.
The Screenshot will then be saved to your computer. To take a screenshot using the Print Screen button, press the button on your keyboard, and the Screenshot will be automatically saved to your computer. Whichever method you choose, this is how to screenshot on HP laptop with Windows operating system, and it is quick and easy!
Use of Snipping Tools
The snipping tool takes snapshots from words, documents or even images. This snapshot can be taken from any part of your laptop screen. You can share this snapshot through email attachments as well. For how to screenshot on HP laptop, you have to select the area on the screen with your cursor. You have to draw a shape around the area you want to capture. After that, the surrounding area is automatically copied. Save it in a Word document or as an image.
The Bottom Line
You can capture what’s on your screen with screenshots and make changes or notes. You can save the screenshot image for later! Not only this, but you can also share the image with others very easily by using email attachments. Screenshots are an efficient way of preserving information and time when it comes to fixing any problems with your Device. How to take a screenshot on HP laptop calls for specific easy and quick steps as discussed.